Thursday, January 15, 2015

Blog #1


I've heard EDM310 is a class you have to work for your grade, push yourself to success. My biggest fear about this class has to be the blogging. I have never blogged before and am very confused about other blogs, posting, and the commenting. Just a few minutes ago my following list went completely blank, and I thought I was going to have to go re-add everyone in the class, which was a victory the first time I did it. This is my first semester in the college of education and I have 16 credit hours, four classes are education based and I still am not sure how to even navigate the building. EDM310 already seems like it will be one of my harder courses, but as someone who is new to the 300 level classes, I miss those easy 100 level classes. I have plans to go to the lab and get some help more than once this semester, especially if I never catch up on how to work a blogging website and learn how and when to comment on others blogs.
My only questions about EDM at the moment is the commenting portion, and when we are supposed to comment on our peers, how many peers we are supposed to comment to, and when we will be commenting on teachers and students around the world. EDM310 has given me a lot to take in this first crazy week, but I expect a great semester with a great group of professionals. 
This computer is confused

3 comments:

  1. I share your same fears! I think this will be one of my more difficult courses simply due to the fact that I have never done a blog and do not know where to begin when writing. I am determined to earn an A in this course though!! I also plan on utilizing the lab as much as possible. The lab assistants are going to be sick of me! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. You will not have to begin commenting until after you become a member of a group. These groups will be assigned in class next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never done a blog myself, and I find it kind of confusing as well. I also have a full plate with education classes. I am also going to make time for the lab. My worry is that I have the right information, but I did not position or format the material correctly. That to me feels like the equivalent of getting a 89.4. Kirstin, I believe you will do well in class because you do not procrastinate and have a great work ethic. I can see this on how early you complete blog posts. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete