Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Project #4 C4T#1-Post#2 Mrs. Hernandez

http://edtechworkshop.blogspot.com/2015/01/school-or-learning.html

Mrs. Hernandez has a busy life, she has been off her blog for some time, trying to keep up with her students and work. She makes some good points about schooliness, as described by another blogger and is something she refers to often. Mrs.  Hernandez also makes a good point about how tests are a huge part of school, basically saying that AP classes and rigor homework are all that really count. But in the end, she still has a good passion for what she does, and it keeps her going through everything she doesn't like. "I suggest a new measurement we can use for if our education is working. Instead of the bubble tests that measure, among other things, ability to guess the best answer out of four, why don't we look around at our society. Are there less school shootings? Are there less suicides? Is the growth of the giant pile of garbage in the ocean slowing or reversing? I could go on and on...."

Kirstin Bailey said... I love your thoughts on school. You seem to be a very motivated teacher, it's interesting that your students have blogs as well. Tests are a lot of what school means. As a college student I can do anything, as long as I pass the tests. I enjoyed reading your draft. February 1, 2015 at 10:37 AM


http://edtechworkshop.blogspot.com/2014/12/practice-heart-soul-of-learning.html

Yoga is about practice. Mrs. Hernandez relates that to her students practicing and growing in their reading and writing. They're practice has brought so much improvement to their work, much like the improvement you would see in yoga after practicing it.


Kirstin Bailey said...
Mrs. Hernandez, I am a student at the University of South Alabama, and this blog post completely connects with me! I have started a yoga class this semester, so that part is clear as the light of day to me. The fact that you have gotten to see your students grow over the course of two years is spectacular, and the comment shows me that you have taught them so much. It's still amazing to me how much teachers can impact students, I can't wait to become one!

No comments:

Post a Comment